Internet in GTA IVEdit
Grand Theft Auto IV includes a fake in-game Internet, featuring a number of websites. The websites are viewed on an in-game web browser similar to Apple Safari.
The player can access the Internet from any of the following locations in Liberty City.
- Any of the TW@ internet lounges
- Laptop in the safehouse located in Algonquin
- Computer located in the foyer of Playboy X's building
- Computer located in the Lost MC Clubhouse.
- From The Hospital
The internet of GTA IV is capable of:
- Updating itself with the storyline (as in news sites)
- Play music and send ringtones to Niko's phone (see Vipluxuryringtones.com)
- Give the player a wanted level (see Littlelacysurprisepageant.com)
- Meeting and setting up dates with various women in Liberty City (see Love-meet.net)
- Main article: In-game Websites
Any website advertised ingame can be visited, such as those advertised on the radio, billboards, posters and TV.
Most of the websites are just for the players amusement, but a few of them actually have a purpose. At least one site has a rather unpleasant effect when visited; littlelacysurprisepageant.com will immediately give the player a five star wanted level.
The player can set up dates with people on the Love Meet website, or buy ringtones and wallpapers for Niko's cell phone. Niko's email is also frequently used for staying in touch with story characters and getting mission details sometimes. Brucie Kibbutz will also send Niko emails asking him to steal certain vehicles for him. E-Mails from Love-Meet.net are the only E-mails the player can recieve after completing the Story.